Monday, May 2, 2011

A Song.

I told David the things I could catch from a tick bite.  That's all I needed to say:



It makes me want to sing! (and Don McClean is turning over in his grave.  I know he's still alive!)


STARI, STARI, night.
Paint your pallor blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With ticks that know the darkness in my soul.
Vermin laden hills,
Scratch my knees and take some pills,
Catch disease and other ills,
Of horrors spawned from southern backwoods land.

Now you understand what I tried to say to ya,
How you suffered tularemia,
Now you fight with edema.
You would not listen, you did not know how.
Perhaps you'll listen now. 

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Excellent!!

Steven said...

Not bad, but I'm waiting for the club remix.

Kimbopolo said...

LOL!!!

Marianne said...

LMAO! How ya feelin'?

Karin said...

Awesome!

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Can we be your chorus backup?

lol

Evielynne

heyduke50 said...

the ticks the tacs and the toes... give me the tacs and the toes...

Tesaje said...

Too funny!

Sherry said...

I'm just getting caught up with you guys and have tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

Being from the hardwood forests and mountains of rural Virginia, the tick is definitely the state arachnid.

Be careful out there!!

Sherry
www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Like the song, but do be aware of those ticks. Both Paul and I came down w/ Lyme Disease last year and it was very bad news. The smaller the tick, the more wary you should be. Don't hesitate to go to doc if you get any flu-like symptoms.

Nina

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! Funny Funny Funny!

¡Vizcacha! said...

Thanks, all! Especially David, the musical talent. Yep, we're feeling good, looking for rashy wrists and ankles, bulls-eye rashes and flu-y feelings. Nothing so far. Nina, I'm sorry to hear you guys got Lymed - that stuff really is bad news. I would not hesitate to storm some local ER and demand doxy. Then I'd ask for antibiotics.