Monday, March 7, 2011

Update-iness

It's been a week since Annie quit working, so no more coddling. From now on, she has to get something done.  Ahahahahahaha!   Right now she's heating up my coffee: satisfactory.

Happy Spring!  Last night we got One Billion inches of snow and the world stopped.  March can kiss my saggy behind.

Annie is researching tires for the Duck.  I think she has come to a decision, or at least the decision is in semi-finals.  I hope she'll write about it, because if she leaves it to me things could get ugly.  For example:

Tires, by Roxanne ("Le Canard") 
Tires are important!  Invented sometime after the wheel, tires are more than just elegant lawn accessories.  Tires hold air and are way better than driving without themselves.  If your tire goes flat, you will notice that things feel funny.  If it goes flat FAST, you will notice a reduction of driving control all of a sudden and people will honk at you. 
I have been using tires for a long time now.  I have not changed a tire, but I have hired AAA to change a tire in my presence.  My mother always said, "It's better to have enough money to pay someone else than to learn to do it yourself."   
Tires are usually black, but I don't know why.  It is the 21st century, and I don't know why we can have iShuffles in 14 colors but only black tires.  Oh, and tires are rubber.  That's why I know they're safe.

If you don't want to see this sort of thing, tell Annie to write about it.


Grant from Get Prepared Stuff wrote to me again.  The dream lives!  I have asked him to send me the discounted wringer, so Get Prepared for a whole LOTTA laundry blogging.  [Get your cursor AWAY from the "unfollow" button.]

11 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

My tire experience is similar to yours (and I hope to keep it that way! <333 AAA). When I'm ready for new tires, I'll call Annie!

Cyndi And Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

Travels with Emma said...

:)

Sherry said...

Well good luck Annie is all I have to say. I researched tires till my eyes crossed. Decided what I wanted and have been TOTALLY unable to find any dealer within 125 miles who has anyt less than a year old or can get them. Back to the drawing board. DO let me know your experience or rather Annie's. :-)

Sherry
www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Have you been drinking?
www.dicounttire.com

Dallas

¡Vizcacha! said...

Cyndi, it's good to be a princess, I've found. Not that you're a princess. Just in general, is all I'm saying.

Sherry, Annie is looking at TireRack.com, but it's not readily obvious how old the tires are. I'm wondering if she can get a live person there who can be helpful in that regard.

Dallas - yes, for 35 years. Do you prefer DiscountTire.com to TireRack.com?

Rose said...

I agree; bring on the multi-colored treads. That would look great on the The Duck!

¡Vizcacha! said...

Right? I think it's an untapped market.

Roxanne

pidge said...

Good one.... :)

¡Vizcacha! said...

But, not something you'd want to read twice. That's why I'm circulating a petition to keep this sort of thing off the Internet.

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Maybe you should put this post in that wringer when it gets there. What a load of crap! HAHAHAHA!!! Annie, stop giving the damn duck coffee. It's making her weird. :P

¡Vizcacha! said...

HEY! YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE because you don't put crap through this wringer, you put wet clothes through. Sheesh. And, the wringer came yesterday. You know you want more.

Coffee, please!