Thursday, July 7, 2011

What we did on our summer vacation

Google has admitted paternity of Blogger, so I'm waiting to see Google take it in hand and provide some discipline.  Blogger wants limits.  It needs boundaries.  Blogger will throw a tantrum in the cookie aisle right in front of God and the Keebler elves to see how far it can push, and it's Google's job to pick it up and carry it out to the minivan while it screams YOU'RE NOT MY REAL OWNER!

If you want an alternative to Adsense, try Chitaka.  I'm just beginning with it, so I can't say whether you can quit your job at Amazon, but it's certainly no more obnoxious than Google Ads, and there's a lower payout threshold.  ETA:  WOW, did I lie.  It is egregiously, completely, irredeemably obnoxious.  I have removed the link because it's the only thing left on here that could (maybe) be causing sudden audio ads, acid reflux, hookworms, and plantar warts.

We watched the fireworks from the Save-a-Lot parking lot, and we LIKED it.  Surrounding counties have banned fireworks, and so Lake City got the spillover from droughtier places.  I took bad pictures, drank bad whiskey, and woke up with my sunglasses on, just not on my face.

Photobucket


What has eight legs and no shaving cream?  This guy:
Photobucket
Annie wants you to notice the buttal smiley face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I told Annie to put her hand up next to the spider for perspective.  She said if I wanted perspective I should watch BBC News.

What have you been doing this week?  We went to see water fall into a hole, but that's too exciting for tonight.  







17 comments:

michael ultra said...

"I told Annie to put her hand up next to the spider for perspective. She said if I wanted perspective I should watch BBC News"..(drum-roll, rimshot!!)(Thank you very much, ladies and germs!)

Michael Ultra said...

One more. I was looking at tongue twisters and found this. I instantly thought of you two. I actually tried it out loud..

Luke Luck likes lakes.
Luke's duck likes lakes.
Luke Luck licks lakes.
Luck's duck licks lakes.
Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes.
Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.

from Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks

Anonymous said...

My toes are curled so tight they're cramping.



Turning on BBC...

¡Vizcacha! said...

Michael, I never realized Luke Luck and Luke Luck's duck were so co-dependent. Thanks for that.

Maggie, that won't keep out THIS SPIDER.

Gaelyn said...

That is one Big Hairy spider, even without a BBC perspective. ;)

Sherry said...

OK so where was/is this spider and how many bugs/flies/bats/birds did he catch and eat???

I'm with you all the way on Blogger. But then google isn't very responsive to any of us for anything. Guess you can be that way when you are as big as Bill's Boys.

Sherry
www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

Sue and Doug said...

that is one big hairy spider!!..eek!!

Carolyn said...

Love Dr. Seuss!

Did you look up what kind of spider this was/is? I have a spider identification website bookmarked for such emergencies... but I've never seen one like this.

Florida has lots of exotic thises and thats... I mean you can saddle up one of those Palmetto bugs... cats seem to like them

Karen and Al said...

Love the spider and fireworks photos!

pidge said...

Absolutely love the spider pictures. We went to Colorado on our vacation. Also like the shots of the fireworks. Stay safe.

squawmama said...

Spider was scary... Fireworks were awesome... We were there but in a lawn chair next to the lake...
Have fun
Donna

Carolyn said...

How long had that thing been hanging out on the Duck before you noticed it?

Annie said...

Good question, Carolyn! I'm just so very happy I took the flashlight with me when I went out to corral the cats. If I'd walked into that web in the dark... yeesh, I just freaked myself out again!

Annie said...

And... the web is gone today.

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Since when is buttal a word? And if the buttal is a smiley face, then what is the face face? A buttal?

Do I get brownie points for COMPOSING my own tongue twister?!? :)

Pat said...

love the spider pics. Did you try feeding it with some live bugs?

¡Vizcacha! said...

They were good fireworks, weren't they? I thought it was one of the best displays I've seen.

PALMETTO BUGS! YUCK.

Nellie, look it up in my dictionary. If you had a smiley face on your face, it would just be a "face," duh. And, if you can have a re-buttal, you need a first buttal.

Pat: [SHUDDER]