Monday, January 30, 2012

Speaking of crossing over ...

I may be in heaven, or Arizona.





Photobucket
Our shrubbery



Photobucket
Our sunset






Photobucket
Our mountain



Photobucket
Teddybear cactus.  Go ahead.  Hug me.



Photobucket
The thing in the center that looks out of place: us



Photobucket
RAWR!
[Object shown 1000X actual size.]


We're going solar!  With the savvy help of Darlene and Nicole, Annie is installing two 135-watt panels on the roof of the Duck.  There have been long, erudite discussions about electricity, Ohm's Law, Thomas Edison, and Handy Bob.  I have been pleased to contribute to these conversations by photographing them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Rear air conditioner is OUTTA HERE!

Photobucket
And, so are we!  Please avoid eating our dust!*
Thanks, Dale and Lu, for the sweet ride.


Annie found a Magic Wish Granter:
Photobucket  Think about bacon...

Photobucket  ... receive bacon.

It was broken.

*Back in New York, Carolyn just said "Roxanne, you are SO posing for that picture."  Nuh uh.  I rode over the entire desert back there.  Once, I said yeehaw, or possibly auggghh.


Once I drop this load of information on you, we're heading back into the desert to commence with stuff, like solarizing and maybe doing laundry.  I hope you're all having as much fun as I am.  Occasionally I stop enjoying myself to wish I had internet connection, and then I know it's time for town.  See you then!

P.S.  I love it here.

26 comments:

Carolyn said...

I am so very relieved to hear that you love the Arizona desert as much as you thought you would.

Molly said...

We adore Arizona and Tucson in particular. You're so lucky to be there right now! Very cool that you're going solar.

Carolyn said...

Outstanding! love it!

Andra Watkins said...

I don't know where you are in Arizona, but some lovely mountain scenery is east of Phoenix. I love hiking there. And Casa Grande is interesting, between Phoenix and Tucson. You both look happy!! And, I wish the bacon wish granter really worked.

Lou said...

Great pics and the intensity showing on faces as you try to hook up new thingamabobs is too cool.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great boondocking site!

Sherry said...

Oh man looks like you've got the ENTIRE place to yourself. How totally FINE!

Annie must do a solar blog when it's all set up so I can copy what you did.

heyduke50 said...

mmmmmmmmm bacon....

Terry said...

So, are you giving up an air conditioner to get the solar?

Kate said...

You're going to LOVE the solar. We have 400 watts and are pretty much able to do what we want. One thing I might mention, are you getting a battery monitor with your solar?

PM me if you want more info. Next to the solar it's the best thing we've installed, now I wouldn't be without either.

BeckyIO said...

Ooo solar! That's the one big ticket item I want for the RV before I go full-timing. Since I want to be able to work from my laptop from anywhere, electricity is going to be necessary. I hope the installation goes well, and that you'll let us know what the setup is like once it's done? :)

Teri said...

Arizona sun and solar electricity...two goods things.

Rubye Jack said...

This is so wonderful. And everything is so beautiful. One of my most favorite places anywhere, and you two look so happy in it.

bhikkhu john said...

Ahhhh, the desert of Arizona. You guys made it. Congratulations. Those photos are great too. When I was out there, I really liked Oak Creek Canyon between Flagstaff and Sedona. If you get there, I'd love a postcard.

Anonymous said...

I soooo want solar !! I'm still in the Q area - are you guys anywhere close by ??

I also LOVE Arizona !!

I recently came across Darlene and Nicole's Blog and turns out they were at the pond in Yuma the same time as I was. They were only a few feet in front of me but I didn't know it at the time.

Gaelyn said...

Solar was made for AZ. Love your desert location.

Donna K said...

You two look like you were born to go four wheeling!! Have a blast...

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you ducks would love the SW!! Isn't the landscape just spectacular?
How exciting that you're getting solar panels! HandyBob is a good source of techie info. I've got a few blogs on our installation too (if you're interested...just search 'em).
Looking forward to seeing your solar up and working!
Nina

Barb said...

Great pictures - I miss the desert! Glad you love it, too. :)

stillhowlyn said...

Ahhh...Now you're talking; solar and Arizona, a match made in heaven! We just crossed that border from the west. Enjoy...

Unknown said...

Are you in Quartzite?

Unknown said...

And will you still be there in a few days? I'm committed to help a friend at a quilt show this weekend here in Ajo, but I can fire up the Guppy and come visit you after that.

Annie said...

Sassy, I just commented on your blog about Q. So yeah, drop us a line and we'll meet up. Darlene and Nicole remember being parked near you. How funny!


Hey Sue, we're outside of Q and will be here for a while yet. Send Roxi an email, whotookmybucket at gmail dot com and we'll make plans.

Lu and Terry Oburn said...

Isn't Arizona a beautiful state? Just love your writing style!

Contessa said...

You finally got there! What a journey, great job ladies.

Your photos are fantastic, what camera are you using?

TexCyn said...

CArry on! Looks like ya'll are having the time of your lives :-)