Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bisbee, and heading out of Arizona.

Most of my visit to Bisbee this time was involved with eating massaged kale and drinking Americanos while holding leaves to the plate, hats to the head, and coffees to the cup. I took off my hat, threw in the kale, coffee, and muffin and put it back on. You can't fight Mother Nature. She had her blow on in southern Arizona yesterday, and there was nothing to do but hide.

But, last time I was in Bisbee - oh! what a day! So, go look at that day.


I saw a lot of these signs, and being a small subset of "everyone," I went on in.


There is a fiber shop here now. That means yarn.



Art School, I think.





I meant to have an occupied booth as the subject, but I was made and had to cheese it.



I took 80 into New Mexico. I took a chance on the Chiricahua Desert Museum's bathroom, and it paid off. I wasn't in the mood for a long stop, but another time I would pay the $8.50 and go into the museum.











I've been reading Blue Highways, by William Least Heat-Moon, and jumped at the chance to go through Hachita. It seems different. I drove down a couple of the streets for a weird feeling. I didn't take pictures there on accounta the weird feeling.

 






These are right on NM9.

I'm loving New Mexico state parks again. I'm gazing off into the lights of Palomas, Chihuahua. Or an airport - who can tell? The full moon is reading the blog over my shoulder. My electric blanket is toasting me up. Life is ... naw, better than that.






7 comments:

stillhowlyn said...

Your electric blanket runs off the engine battery? I'm wondering how long it lasts...

The Good Luck Duck said...

Ooh, no, Lynda. I'm in a NM state park enjoying $4 water and electric sites. YAY NM.

stillhowlyn said...

So glad to hear that; enjoy!

Kimbopolo said...

Life is, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Missing NM. We spent a week in Rodeo a couple years back, went exploring in the Chiracahua Mtns, getting the Jeep temporarily stuck (TRENCH! There's a TRENCH! No there's not...BOOM. YAY for winches!!), visiting the Desert Museum with the facilities you used...


Renee

The Good Luck Duck said...

A WEEK in Rodeo? Do tell!

Anonymous said...

Hard to imagine, eh? We used it as a jumping off point. Some friends have a 40-acre piece of land there & have told us for YEARS how pretty it is. I must have missed something, because I saw absolutely nothing attractive about the area...and this from someone who loves the southwest. I think we took 3 separate day trips into the Chiracahua Mtns (Cave Creek Canyon, Pinery Canyon, Sulphur Canyon & others) from there, one day at the Museum, & then just hung out at the campsite for a couple days (really big sites; very windy that time of year). I don't think we plan on returning; very little in the way of attractions. Some great drives, particularly through the Now if you want to just sit outside & watch the stars & be peaceful...that's the place to be!

Renee