Monday, June 8, 2009

I melted down. (Roxi)

It has been a bad week. Not like I burned the toast twice and got a flat tire and my PCR failed. Bad enough that I can't make fun or laugh it away.

And, when things quieted down yesterday, I was filled with sadness: over the losses, GreyC, this place, this house, the friends I've made. My fears that my friends will forget me, that I am leaving here for a place where I don't matter to anyone. I blubbered like a ... whale? and laughed like a maniac. It's possible I was hysterical. Annie just held me and let me keen.

But, we had a house-showing, and it's not even on the market. A friend of a friend, a very nice woman with one cat (for now), is in the market for a little house in the 'Burg. That's what we have. So, we cleaned like crazy cleaning women and let her come over with her agent and another friend.

They looked for about an hour, and asked a couple of questions. It was fine.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

This is an exciting adventure!

I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but after we were here for several years, we found our family of friends. Now I don't want to leave at all.

Hopefully you two won't be so hard to get along with or something... ;)

I still can't figure out why you'd leave paradise for the desert, but I'm going to trust you on that part, mainly because you'll be closer to me!

Oh there ya go. You can relax, because you'll be closer to me.

All fixed.

¡Vizcacha! said...

Several years? Yikes. I check the Worse box!

Closer to you! Okay. I check the Better box.

Now what???