Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Possibly better than a poke in the eye, although your mileage may vary, no guarantees implied.™

After Sue mentioned that I shouldn't say "better than a poke in the eye," because it really wasn't and I could go to jail for false advertising, I decided to give you all some high-quality content today. It was going to be all artsy with birds I stuffed photographed myself, but when real quality comes along, a good blogger knows how to be flexible.


Photobucket
"I'm in a rut.  Meow, they let me in.  Meow, they let me out.  In.  Out.  In.  Out.  In.  Is that all there is?  IS THAT ALL THERE IS?"



Photobucket
"Curse you, existential angst!"






Photobucket
"I feel remorse."



Photobucket
"Why didn't I just meow??"



Animals help us focus on life's Big Issues.  Do people serve me quickly enough?  Is this meat bad?  Does this fur make my butt look big?  I admitted to Annie that there are things I do every day, and one day I think Is this how I always do this?  It seems hard today.  Now I'll shrug and think Some days you're the screen door, some days you're the cat.

20 comments:

jillbertini said...

It's true. Some days you're the screen door, some days you're the cat. You crack me up!

Teresa Evangeline said...

Amen, Sister! Existential angst.... If a cat meows at the screen door and nobody hears, does it still make a sound?

Remorse. I think that's a town out east.

Bob said...

Cats can be complete idiots, it's just that they hide it well.
Most of the time.
That wasn't one of those times.
I did feel bad for the screen though.

Kim said...

LOL! Why do they DO that???

Gaelyn said...

Oh so true. Cats can teach so much. And maybe screen doors too.

The Good Luck Duck said...

Thanks, Jill!

Cats all teach Philosophy 101. And, remedial Getting By by Being Cute. Sometimes they do something so ridiculous that I wonder "how has this animal survived as a species??" and then I scoop them up and scritch them and give them some fresh water and a new can of food and I remember how they've made it all along.

Donna K said...

Too funny. Maybe you better be looking for a new screen door rather than a new screen room!! Love the pix.

Anonymous said...

Toxoplasmosis! That's how they've survived as a species.

Ever heard this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpSJWzGVv78
(ignore the video)

-CarolynK
(Blogger refuses to let me post as myself any more)

The Good Luck Duck said...

Donna, we may have to re-screen with pet-proof stuff. The screen room, too!

Carolyn, I think I heard that on RadioLab, maybe? And, we're all infected, like rats, which is why we're crazy about cats? I love that idea, except when I'm grossed out by it. I have heard that we domesticated dogs, and cats domesticated themselves.

Sherry said...

Nah cats domesticated us otherwise we'd never put up with all the screen door screen replacements and patches we do so they can practice tree climbing on them.

The Good Luck Duck said...

So true, Sherry. We are wrapped around their pointy little fingers.

heyduke50 said...

you now you would see more birds... sans el gato...

Four Windows with a View said...

I love the pictures and the commentary.

squawmama said...

ROFLMAO!!! Such cute pics!
Have fun
Donna

The Good Luck Duck said...

Duke if it were el gato solamente life would be a lot birdier. As it is we're severely outnumbered and we have to pretend to like it because they're watching us all the time.

Thanks, Jeana and Donna.

cruzin2some said...

I have found myself in situation some what as difficult as that!!!!!

The Good Luck Duck said...

I believe it! It's how we can relate to her thought process. I hope you had some big hands to pluck you off the screen, or at least more sense than a cat has.

Carolyn said...

HAhaaaaaaa.... I know that screen door trick...

HAhaaaaa... great pictures!

Unknown said...

Hmm, did I say that?

My cat Sonja does the cute and often successful silent meow.

But if it isn't dinner time yet, I mouth back the silent no.

The Good Luck Duck said...

Thanks, Carolyn! The screen door trick must be part of their collective consciousness.

Sue, the silent meow gets me every time. One of our cats has to hit me on the face to get my attention for it. WHACK! [silent meow]