Friday, November 11, 2011

We get letters.

I got an email from a regular reader who calls himself "Phil."  He might look something like this:
Photobucket
"I look exactly like this."

I'm still reading your blog, but it's lost its flair for bringing in the non-RVer.  So many shout-outs and links... you've assimilated completely.
Ouch, "Phil."  Ouch.  He goes on to say:

Love you!

Well, maybe that gets you somewhere with other moms, but ... okay, I forgive you.  Just remember the twenty-five hours of labor that spanned this entire day 25 years ago, and you were a big baby.  If there were any hope of my being awake at 12:20 AM, November 12, I'd wish you a Happy Birthday! right then and there.

I know you're not a big celebration guy, so it'll be just a heart-healthy glass of New York State cab with the lovely Katy.  I imagine you'll sleep right through the actual early-morning 25th anniversary of your birth.  That's okay;  you didn't inherit my wild party-animal genes.  You only got my stunning good looks, winning charm,  and razor-edged intellect.  I just hope that's enough.

I love you!  Happy Birthday, "Phil!"

21 comments:

Merikay said...

Tell Phil Rvers are people too! Blogs are what the blogger makes them, no rules.

Kimbopolo said...

Good job Roxanne!!! Happy Birthday Phil!!!

Teresa Evangeline said...

Happy Birthday to your Big Baby. I've got a couple of those, too. They will always be our babies. It sounds like he has his mom's sense of humor, too. Lucky guy.

Tesaje said...

Cute. Somehow the babe never has the same appreciation of the sacrifice the mom made to bring him into the world ... But then it wasn't his decision anyway ... Happy birthday to your babe.

squawmama said...

You tell him mom....
Have fun & Travel safe
Donna

ps ~ Happy Birthday Phil!!!

Carolyn said...

Happy birthday Phil! From the stick house on the other side of town.

Steven said...

I will give you one too.

M

Don't use it all in one place.


Steve

Jim and Sandie said...

Happy Birthday Phil. My baby boy turned 25 this year also.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Bein' as it's "Phil's" birthday, I am going to let him slide. I suppose the important thing is that he still oves you, in spite of the shortcomings presented in your blog.

Happy Birthday, Phil!

Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

Rubye Jack said...

This is so sweet. And, a very happy birthday to Phil. I've got one of these guys also.

Carolyn said...

LOL... kids! cute guy, Roxanne ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your baby!

Donna K said...

Yes, I see the family resemblance. Happy Birthday Phil!

Annie said...

From a non RVr. I'm about as rooted as one can get. The idea of life on the road is very alluring and interesting. I'll live vicariously. PS happy birthday, Phil!

Roxanne, yes! Northern Exposure is exactly it! I longed to live in that small town!

Dough, Dirt & Dye

Contessa said...

Aww, you are such a good Mom!

Sherry said...

Well Happy Birthday Phil! You don't have much of a beak for a Good Luck Duck Jr. But don't feel too bad.

Ahhhh to be 25 again....on 2nd thought.....FORGET IT!

cruzin2some said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Phil. My Birthday is tomorrow. We're almost birthday buddies. I might be about twice 25 plus 1.

Anonymous said...

Lovely boy you've got there! I'd also like to say I've stopped reading your blog...whoooops...I guess I just read it again darn it! Confound you! Well I will stop at once then...hmmm..unless you post again at which point I will stop after reading the next post. In any case my resolve is firm and unwavering...:)

Andra Watkins said...

Forgive my tardy birthday wish, Phil. I tried to comment from my phone, and my phone ate my comment. I hope your day was glorious.

The Good Luck Duck said...

Thanks, all, for the good wishes, and Steve, for the "M" (it's my favorite!).

Barbara and Ron said...

Too funny! I have a friend whose children were both born in the middle of the night and she wakes them up at that time to wish them Happy Birthday. My girls were considerate and were both born at respectable hours.