Friday, October 12, 2012

Sedona, Arizona boondocking. That's how we roll.

Sedona, Arizona. So nice it rhymes.

We found a new spot for boondocking, and we're liking it. Remember the remote spot we found last time? More remote. So remote that when we heard the first hailstone hit our roof last night, we didn't first think Paintballers! We're in a small valley near a canyon. I'll stop being coy later and tell you where we were.

While we were still in Flagstaff, Jeannie and Riley came to see us in their cute-as-a-bug Lazy Daze. Jeannie and Riley are, themselves, cute as bugs, and I don't mean those stinky bugs. I mean really cute bugs, the kind with fancy dots or iridescent hinies. Somehow, they evaded my lens. Really, I just got so interested in their story that my camera hung idly from my pants and I forgot to use it.


Jeannie's rig in Flagstaff, TheGoodLuckDuck.com

Riley is a WOOF! WOOF! Oh hai! dog. He says what he means, but doesn't get carried away with repetition. He also has a good memory, so he barks until he remembers oh, I just met you over there. Good to see you again.

Jeannie has lots of energy, and enjoys moving fairly often. We were glad to be able to meet her and chat a while before she rolled down the road. I won't tell you where she was headed, but I will tell you I was jealous.

Morgan from Facebook told us about a free online streaming radio site called RadioTuna. In some parts of the country, it's hard to find good radio. Okay, maybe you think it's good. Let's stop arguing about it. I quit listening to Pandora back when they were the "sounds like" website. You want to hear Alanis Morissette? Here's some stuff that sounds like her! RadioTuna lets you choose the genre, then plays the artists you know.

I told you about Judy and Hughes, the couple we met at Best Friends. They're finally back home in Colorado, and after so many great adventures, we still made their blog! We're honored, you two. Meeting you guys was a highlight of our visit. Check out their blog, but be prepared to head immediately toward Utah, because the possibilities are irresistible. Or, if you're willpowered-up, bookmark this for your next trip.

Hughes and Judy recommend Fulfilling My Spirit. Is this the Kalani who just joined us here? It looks fun - I'm going to check it out.

Connection here is frustratingly intermittent. Does a girl have to hike to a canyon to be entertained around here?


~~~~~~~~~
Make our Amazon link your Amazon bookmark!



28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sedona is supposed to be one of the places that has the most vortexes in the world. Whatever that means! So align your chakras ladies and enjoy the heck out of it. Hug some trees and smell the patchouli for me ;) Oh, and if you get a chance, visit Tlaquepaque. It's super fun!

The Good Luck Duck said...

This is what I'm told, Somer! We've walked on them, sat on them, laid down on them, but I am un-vortexed still. It may be that we're too loud and we out-clang the energy flow. When we get tired of sniffing the patchouli, is it okay if we snort the Nag Champa on your behalf?

Gaelyn said...

Be glad you headed south. Snowing here today. Don't get caught in the vortex. ;)

Donna K said...

Perhaps you need to have your auras read (or red) before the vortexes will work! Like the looks of that Lazy Daze. I hear they're a nice rig...

Morgan Johnson said...

Morgan is on here too, glad you like Radiotuna, you just can't beat it for streaming music. And free to boot. Although I don't think I could listen to a 24 hour Elvis channel or the 24 hour British comedy channel. But right now about an hour straight of Van Morrison

Roxanne said...

24 hour British Comedy??? Where do I sign? Thanks for the rec, Morgan. That will serve us well.

Donna, I hear only the best people drive Laz... wait a minute, I have that wrong. Yeah, they're spiffy, for sure! We thought with a few fewer cats we could live in one easily.

Brrrr! I hope you got out your insulated ranger uniform!

Kalani said...

Right on! Glad you're in a nice, quiet place sans paintballers! And thanks for recommending our blog, it's quite fun! We will for sure keep checking back with you and hope Arizona treats you kindly for the Winter or wherever you may be by then!
Much love & Peace
Kalani & Tribe

Sherry said...

How come I'm the only one that has limited data and can't just listen to "free" radio for hours and hours???

A FREE spot in/on/around/near/beside/beneath Sedona, pretty sweet!!

The Good Luck Duck said...

Thanks, Kalani! Peace to you, too. We're likely to be somewhere in Arizona, or perhaps California, this winter.

Sherry, you're probably not the only one with these sad limitations. We're pretty lucky, actually, but if our luck runs out we have a Plan B (Millenicom). And, yes! What's better than Sedona for free? Nothing I can think of.

Brenda A. said...

Gave radiotuna a quick spin. I can see enjoying it, but I was having trouble pinning down exactly what it was I was in the mood for. I do better when I can just plug in a song I like and then get songs that are similar as well. I evidently don't always know what the correct genre term is for what I like! What I do like about Pandora is that when it plays a song I dislike I can instruct it to never play that s*** again! Plus I've discovered a slew of new artists that I do really like.

Enjoy your new and improved spot in Sedona. I recently heard rave reviews of Prescott, AZ from a client of mine. Tons of hiking and charming town. :)

Kimbopolo said...

Also http://grooveshark.com/

The Good Luck Duck said...

Kim, I dig GrooveShark! Thanks for mentioning it here.

Brenda, I do like Pandora if I'm bored with everything and want something fresh. But, training it is such a pain - I can't walk away. I have to tell it NO after every bad choice, and it eventually wanders off-course anyway. I feel like I'm raising a musical toddler. Still, I can't discount its quirky goodness.

That's it! I am getting to Prescott if I have to go alone! I know - desperate.

Russ Krecklow said...

I just love those Lazy Daze motor homes! Traveling in one is just like Therapy for us. Come to think of it...it is Therapy! We loved Sedona, and Cottonwood, and Jerome, and everything in between. Visit the fish hatchery just outside Sedona towards Cottonwood. It's a very lovely place.

The Good Luck Duck said...

And it's couple's Therapy, too! Thanks for the hatchery tip - I'll check it out.

Blars said...

The problem I found with Lazy Daze is they drop in value so slow I couldn't afford a reasonably aged one. If you are in the area east of Los Angeles, drop by the factory/sales floor. (The only place you can buy a new one, but be prepared to wait for delivery.)

Jim and Gayle said...

Hey, the comment section is beginning to sound like a Lazy Daze promo. Oh yeah, we've been living in one for 4 years now!
Nice write-up about you two on Judy and Hughes blog.

The Good Luck Duck said...

Blars, that's what I hear. Jeannie told us what she paid for her 20-year-old model (you'd never guess it was anywhere near that old), and I wasn't shocked, but neither was it a song.

The Good Luck Duck said...

Do you love yours, too, Gayle? Thanks about the mention - it made me happy.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

How fun!! Love meeting friends at animals places too, they are the type that tend to last forever!

Anonymous said...

Although we don't have solar yet, we are getting into this dry camping stuff. Next stop, full-fledged boondocking! :)

The Good Luck Duck said...

That makes sense, Skinny.

Yay, Paint! It's a different world, isn't it?

Rick said...

Sedona's a great place to visit with lots to see and do. I never heard of the vortex's when we were there. Whatever they are, they didn't get us.

heyduke50 said...

Sedona is definitely on our list of future places to check out...

Robin said...

Thanks for listing your boondocking sites. I just got back from using your directions to find an awesome site at the north rim of the Grand Canyon!

The Good Luck Duck said...

Rick, we've stood right smack on them and escaped to tell you about it. Maybe one needs a more sensitive disposition than we have.

Heyduke, you should experience it at least once.

Robin, you are very welcome! I'm so glad you found it useful!

Anonymous said...

Snort Away! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gals! It was so great to meet you! Thanks for letting me share a bit of the forest with you.
I got to meet Barbara (and Katie) in Bluewater Lake. But was a bit cold, so moved on to Elephant Butte and ended up parked right next to Vermont Chris! What are the odds?! I am so fortunate to have met so many great ladies on this trip! Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs to the kitties!
Jeanne

The Good Luck Duck said...

Jeannie, your luck really held! Well, maybe it improved after you left Flag. We haven't met Barbara and little Katie yet, and we like Chris lots. Women who are traveling solo just plain start out cool!